Welcome to the Engineering Leadership Institute
The Engineering Leadership Institute (ELI) was created by Engineers like you to teach a balance of technical and soft skills to optimize utilization and boost profitability. We’re seasoned professionals whose experience spans owning and operating a successful civil engineering and land planning firm to providing strategic leadership to executive teams and entire divisions for engineering firms large and small. But here’s what sets us apart, we discovered that to create stakeholders, engage employees, and significantly improve profitability, engineering organizations need the Success Enabling Skills™ that improve communication, focus energy, increase collaboration and foster the personal agility and resilience that unleashes the passion Engineers have for productivity. In all our work, from one-on-one coaching to comprehensive high-performance plans for entire organizations, we teach the essential balance of soft and technical skills to engage and retain your workforce and accelerate your company success.
- Soft-Skills e-learning with our Performance Certification System™
- Team building with the ELI Team Leader Guide
- Cultural Assessments
- Strategic Planning
- Skills Assessments and Gaps Analysis
- Quantitative and Qualitative Metrics & Assessments
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Key Behavioral Indicators (KBI’s)
- Leadership Training
- Leadership Transition and Succession Planning
- Operational Baselines
- Leadership Team Facilitation and Training
- Cultural Foundation Building
- Origination of Business Systems and Processes
- Systems Implementation, Quantification, and Innovation
- Custom Designed In-house Trainings
- Consultants in all Eleven Domains of Engineering Operations
The Organization High-Performance Plan
A holistic approach that integrates the services listed above to significantly improve utilization and efficiency, reduce labor costs and overhead, increase average revenue per employee, and boost operational profits. ELI works with organizations to build collaborative solutions from the inside out, based upon the knowledge and desires drawn from the organization itself. Internal stakeholders emerge during this participative process who lead and facilitate continuous incremental improvement over time, resulting in extraordinary employee engagement, operational improvement, and profits.
Randy has a unique and engaging way of getting your attention and bringing focus to the task at hand. I attended a seminar (offered by ELI) as part of a larger conference. Randy was highly competent and well-prepared to relate to the professional engineers and project managers of all skill levels and ages that were in attendance. His approach to professionalism and communication set a high bar for our profession. The training provided through Randy and ELI will help raise the standard of professionalism and accountability as well as increase the career mobility and effectiveness of the engineers that take part.
Matt Ulberg, Director
Montana Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
Randy has been my top coach at my events for years. I trust him completely. He's 100% committed to helping people be amazing, is a true leader and caretaker, and it becomes clear the second you meet him - you're in excellent hands.
Kristen Ulmer, High-Performance Facilitator
Fear and Anxiety Expert
Author of The Art of Fear, Why Conquering Fear
Won't Work and What to do Instead.
- One-day Seminar: Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Communication - Bozeman, August 16
- Two-day Seminar: Practical Project Management for Consulting Engineers - Bozeman, September 12 & 13
- Visit our Upcoming Events Page